Friday, November 12, 2010

Ready To Friday: Are You Ready To



Sometimes you have to change the way you do things to keep going at all.


---
I never learn anything important from people who are like me. Knowing this, I am the least helpful person to myself in my life, but also the most necessary. Educationally, I serve no purpose in my development other than absorbing information provided by more intelligent and patient sources. My role is to make growth and maturity a difficult task by being stubborn and providing counterarguments to reasonable men and women.

Nevertheless, I literally can't live without me.

I assume most people are like this, though often I must resist the urge to assume. And as "this" I mean that they are useless unto themselves, but not that they realize it. I believe that we are not separated by our ineptitude toward our lives, and that whatever characteristic makes us special is the measure of how quickly we can overcome ourselves to find an adequate teacher, one unlike ourselves.

And so we struggle against regression to move in the forward direction. We fight against the undertow of reiteration to form new thoughts and new identities. Most of all, we must never become complacent with ourselves. Instead, think to unbecome yourself. Because who you are is only everyone you've ever crossed paths with, even the worst kind.
---

New sounds are the key to hearing differently.
New sights are the key to seeing independently.

This is the way the words end. This is the way the words end. This is the way the words end. Not with with an exclamation but a Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment