Friday, November 19, 2010

Ready To Friday: Gurps Edition



Negativity is bad. I realize the irony.

--
But that's not the real hypocrisy that affects me when I clash with the forces of jeering, adverse thoughts. It comes from my vocal opposition to the idea of nasty dissenting attitudes, but my frequent mental participation in negativity. I act out the thought-crime of bitterness and petty differences in my head where the only jury to convict me is biased in my favor.

And frankly, this is a good thing. Negativity is bad - addendum - as communication. It's pollution; it's rank and poisonous. It's harmful to others as it is consumed while we exhale it casually, like it's what we ought to hear. And when we inhale the discourse in return, it's a blackened miasma from the negativity that naturally responds. We hate softly and gently so we can't sense that it's dreadful and awful and bad. We excuse it as joking fun between friends, unaware that we've changed the climate for always. 

Legitimately, negative attitudes are never light on impact, but the impact, as I see it, ceases to be destructive when it remains in the mind. The climate change occurs as a social wave, crashing into one person after another. Remove the others and the atmosphere is clear. Keep your spite in your head and let it tear up hell, ruin the carpets and undo the furniture. It feels good, and that's why we do it. Don't resist that natural impulse to hate. But let's all promise not to poison each other's air.

I'll still forgive you if you do.
--


Let's try new thoughts for fresh brains.
Let's try loud ideas for quiet times.

Run fast. Look no ways.
No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment